add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Udated and Remastered

IceKnight1o1

38 months ago

Well, I've mostly scrapped my last build and revamped it with this. compared to my last one, I have monstered it. I'm just looking for simple opinions and critiques.

Cheers!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $324.95 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $96.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $244.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $184.99 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 @ B&H
Video Card NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 12GB Video Card $1200.00
Case Thermaltake Core P3 Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case $142.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $167.69
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $98.99 @ My Choice Software
Monitor Acer H226HQLbid 21.5" 60Hz Monitor $130.98 @ Newegg
Other Water Cooling $1077.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $3988.05
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-19 11:25 EDT-0400

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The water cooling is for the future. That's why I have the AIO for now.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What is this build going to be for? I'm having a difficult time placing it with the parts selected Lol

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

School, Live streaming, gaming, video editing, art, all kinds of stuff lol

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with all of what CoopBro said. I'd lower the RAM to 16 gigs unless you're going to do heavy editing, consider dropping the GPU to a 1080 and upgrade the monitor (or keep the titan and upgrade the monitor), and drop the Black drives and get a standard Seagate 2TB.

I'd also drop that m.2 drive and grab a standard SATA SSD, because it sounds like for your needs you won't notice a difference between the two. It'll also allow you to get a 500GB SSD for the same price (actually a bit cheaper)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I will be doing heavy editing. and you have a point with the SSD, I was debating on getting a PCI-E, but a standard SATA would work too.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay then the RAM is probably good. But yeah that particular SSD might be a bit much for what you're going to use it for and a larger SSD might be the better option.

Something else to consider is since you plan to do heavy editing, possibly drop the titan to a 1080 and use the money to upgrade to the X99 platform for the CPU for the extra cores to help with editing/rendering.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going with the board I chose for the price, functionality, and the aesthetics. The x99 isn't a bad choice, but I don't know if I really NEED it, ya know?

I actually have the Asus Gaming Pro Carbon X99 MB, but I kind of want to sell it and use the extra ~$150 for the other components.

Though, If I was to go with X99, I would go with the ASRock TaiChi

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you really want to spend that much you can save some and likely not get a difference in performance, depending on what you're doing

32 gigs is excessive unless you're recording, editing, and rendering videos

If you want to get into custom water cooling there are some options you can get if you want to get into that, or if you want to just have an AIO then keep with that

Why not just a 2 TB HDD instead of 2 1 Tb? Unless you want to run them in RAID it would likely be easier to just have one. Also Black HDD are typically not really worth the extra cost

You are getting a $1200 GPU and a $150 monitor... really? You can run 4k with that and you're running 1080p and it's even a 60Hz monitor, you're wasting about $800 right now at the least

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I will be doing a lot of editing for YT and such. I do plan on running my HDD's in RAID. and I'm not very knowledgeable in monitors (At All) so I would love some input for a great monitor for this build. Also, I do want the water cooling loop for sure, the AIO is just for temporary use until I have the cash for the loop. I'm going all out with EK.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

The RAM then is probably necessary

This is an interesting monitor it is wider than the standard one so you have more space on the screen to do editing

If you want a more standard size here is a 4k monitor

EKWB has a product that is a CPU AIO, but it has top quality parts and it can expand and can include a GPU and there's little worry about choosing parts

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I should mention I plan on doing a triple setup.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube