add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My first hands on build.

Mashero

38 months ago

Hello everyone,

I have been a laptop gamer for a while now and I have been making do with a laptop that was acceptable back in 2012. So by today's standards the old girl is kinda outdated. I have bought a few parts and salvaged other parts to build my wife an OK gaming rig, which performs better than my laptop.

I have never assembled a computer on my own before since I usually take the parts over to a friends house and have him deal with it. This time I want to go hands on with this project. I have put together a part list that I am happy with, but I would welcome any input. I am on a budget right now (I am willing to spend between $700 and $850) so I am not buying all the parts at once. The parts I am unsure about are the CPU and motherboard (not sure if they are a good choice).

Thank you for your help in advance.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the input.

I did not know that the FX series was so old. I was going by recommendations for a friend of mine who wanted to help me budget wise.

I actually forgot to add the SSD to my part list which is embarrassing.

I have updated my part list and the price did not go up that much which is great. Thanks again.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube