add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Friend recommended this-- any way I could shave some money in areas and still make a beast comp?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

please friends I'd appreciate all tyhe help I could get

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It all depends on your budget. You could cut half of the costs and it still would be a decent PC. So the question is how much are you willing to spend?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ha finally someone answers. Love you dude. But ya i guess i was a bit vague. I just want to play be able to play any game without huge fps jumps. Been liking Overwatch lately so you could use that game as an example. At the moment I think the comp he set me up with is badass but I'd like to shave $200-$300 off of this

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Some changes you might wanna consider:

1. Switch to a clocked CPU Benchmarks
  2. If getting clocked CPU, you can get a cheaper motherboard. (H170, H110 or B150 models)
  3. Clocked CPU's come with a cooler so another 20 bucks you can save.
  4. Start off with 8GB of Ram, and upgrade to 16 later on. Most games don't require more than 8GB of RAM. Benchmarks
  5. Get an SSD/HDD with less storage. You can always add another Storage drive when you need it.
  6. Like Karniv04 said consider getting the 3GB model, since it won't affect performance that hard. Benchmarks
  7. If you want you could also go for the RX480 4GB RAM and save some bucks there Comparison RX460 vs GTX 1060
  8. I wouldn't really recommend a 144hz monitor paired with a GTX 1060. Only games where you will reach 144 fps on max settings are League of Legends or CS:GO. If you play neither of those consider getting a 60hz monitor (but maybe invest in a good IPS Panel, instead of TN, since they are far better when looking at the colour reproduction.)
  9. Last but not least you can get cheap copies of Windows 10, just google it. But I can't guarantee that those keys all work, but if you're on a tight budget it might be worth looking into it.

Either way, even if you go with all of the suggestions you'll have a decent Computer. It's up to you to decide how much you really wanna spend and if those few frames you lose will bother you.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You can save about $70 by going with the 3GB GTX 1060. The 6GB RAM is a little unnecessary in my opinion. Also, you can save money by choosing a different monitor instead of a 144hz. Other than that, maybe choose a cheaper SSD and HDD if you don't need that much storage.

Forgot to add that the mobo choice is a little pricey as well. You could shave another $20+ by going with Asus.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube