add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommendations on good Ivy-Bridge E Motherboards

kbizz640
  • 79 months ago

I am currently looking at a new build for gaming as well as editing and other applications that could really benefit from the cores. The problem is that there seem to be very few good MOBO options, let alone ones that are Ivy-Bridge E ready. That brings me to my question. Does anyone know of a good motherboard that is Ivy-Bridge E ready? If not, it looks like i'm stuck with Haswell (Not necessarily a bad thing) as I am not willing to take the risk on a MOBO that doesn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

What price point are you looking at?

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

In between $200 - $300 preferably, but I am flexible.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

The EVGA x79 Classified ia a good choice. Supports IB-E with a BIOS update. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-motherboard-151see779k3

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

This motherboard has native IVB-E support http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-x79deluxe

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

All of our X79 boards currently offer full Ivy Bridge E support. If not out of the box via a UEFI update.

Boards that come with support of the box are

P9X79-E WS

X79 Deluxe

Rampage IV Black Edition

For other boards they are already being shipped from the factory for sometime with newer UEFI builds that would be drop in ready. In the event you do not have the newer UEFI in place you can use the USB Bios Flashback feature to directly update the board without even the need to install the CPU, Memory or GPU just connect the PSU and connect the flash drive to thew associated port with the update file and depress the update button.

Either which way these boards offer outstanding features and functionality especially compared to other boards whether it be fan control functionality, extensive and rich UEFI options, improved USB 3.0 performance and much more.

Best of luck with your build.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I decided on the X79 Deluxe on that basis.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome best of luck with your build!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube