add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

H100i v2 or the Kraken X61

PusheySeeker096

39 months ago

I am looking to get a new CPU cooler and was wondering which one is quieter and performs better, I will be doing some overclocking so that plays an important part. Is the Cam software still very bare bones or have they added new features to it, also do both companies offer to replace parts in your PC or pay for the damaged parts if the cooler leaks and destroys them?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

x61, if the cooler its self is damaged when you get it, they will replace it but the chances of the cooler being damaged are EXTREMELY low so you don't need to worry.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I would wait and see how the new NZXT cooler perform. It looks promising so far.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

There is a newer cooler from nzxt coming out but technically a 280mm AIO will cool better than a 240mm....problem I have is that the fans on the x61 bleed out a lot of air from the sides that never makes it through the radiator so fan speeds need to be a little higher than they should be; otherwise its a great cooler. I would also consider the Corsair 280mm coolers as well. The H100i v2 is solid too. Kind of comes down to appearance.

I actually think the CAM software is pretty nice now, except the last time I used it the fan curves for their AIO was a little limited.....not too bad though. The Corsair software has more fine tuning of fans but seems messy to navigate. NZXT has come a long was with CAM though.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube