add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Munight

38 months ago

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/yh7mLD Here is my pc, If you think there is something better or have suggestions tell me thanks. I will be using it to game some mid-low end games and mainly watch youtube and browser like google. Can you tell me if its good or bad? what I can improve on....

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You had another forum topic titled "$400 CAD PC" with the same build.

Please, don't make duplicates. Also, delete this topic if you don't need it any more.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

My other topic was another build with g4400 now i changed the parts.

I need peoples opinion on this build to know if its a good build

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty sure you posted the build with the i3-6100 there.

It's a good one for that budget. Hopefully, others will pop by and tell their opinion as well. ;)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

thnx

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you buy the GPU allready? Or is it an old one? Because if not I'd go for the RX 460. It should be sufficent for your needs. Also get a better PSU, you will thank yourself later. Ram can be switched out for 2x4 GB RAM so you can enable dual channeling.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $144.98 @ DirectCanada
Motherboard ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $39.98 @ NCIX
Memory Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $46.75 @ Vuugo
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 460 2GB Video Card $139.99 @ Newegg Canada
Case BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case $14.99 @ NCIX
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $48.98 @ NCIX
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $480.67
Mail-in rebates -$45.00
Total $435.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-20 10:40 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I want to keep 1 stick because then I could easily put another one in when I need but if I buy 2 stick, I kinda block my path to upgrading it in the future.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure if you wanna prepare it for a future upgrade, then go that way.

There are 2 things I don't like about that PSU

1. It's not 80+ Certified.

2. It's not semi/fully modular. Trust me that is a pain in the a**. Make sure you're getting atleast a semi modular PSU!

I'd recommend you a power supply that has 550 Watt. That should be enough for an i5 and a GTX 1070 (or even a 1080)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

and also like mark said the Gtx 760 2gb seems to be faster than rx 460 4gb

http://hwbench.com/vgas/radeon-rx-460-vs-geforce-gtx-760

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-760-vs-AMD-RX-460/2159vs3641

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-460,4707-3.html

And can you please tell me why the PSU is bad? and I have to switch? I bought the 600W so I can upgrade to an i5 in the future and it has good reviews too.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks mark for the links. Most of the game there like gta 5 were better on the gtx 760. MArk is the PSU good? or should I change. I got that so I can upgrade in the future to an i5 and it also has good reviews.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube