add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I modified an old part list and need an opinion and suggestions

grengrupgod

38 months ago

I'm on a 450 dollar budget for Christmas, as I am not the only child. I'll get my aunt to buy the OS.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/N7b7wV

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

This could work, but if money is an issue, this can be optimized to save some bucks. You can re/invest it into better parts.

What would you like to do with this PC? Gaming I suppose. Do you want to chat with friends via Skype for instance while playing? Let me ask otherwise: will you run multiple applications at the same time or just the game?

Why do you need a WiFi? Get cable connection: cheaper, more reliable and secure, and it has lower latency.

The Avexir Budget Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory for $35.99 offers the same performance, yet costs $6 less.

Also, you can install Win10 and not activate it until you have the money to buy the product key. So you can keep using it for quite a few months until you are able to buy it. Ask you aunt to help you with the CPU (e.g. i3-6100) or the GPU (e.g.: Radeon RX 480).

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I will be using Skype while gaming and might run applications at the same time such as Blender along with Photoshop.

1. I need wifi because my internet is in my room and my father said that he doesn't want the PC in my room so I can get to bed earlier. Which is why it'll be in the living room and my brother would complain about the router and modem being in the living room since he would have to be in the living room with his girlfriend and I don't want their annoyance.

2. That is DDR4-2133 RAM mine has DDR4-2400 and is also a reliable brand.

3. I want to use windows 10 legitimately because I don't want an annoying watermark or doing extra steps because I have the non-genuine version.

My mom said that my budget will be increased to $530 because I've been doing good in school and because I'm not the only child. Which is why It's fine and I also might consider getting another RAM stick.

Thanks for the suggestion and maybe you can help me out even more now that you know my updated situation.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Family business... Thank God no one tells me how to use my PC in my home. ;) You'll get there too after a couple of years.

2. Even though your RAM is graded 2400 Mhz it will run only on 2133 Mhz limited by the motherboard. Also, many RAM manufacturers use the same 2-3 different memory chips, so it doesn't really matter who makes the RAM.

3. Not activating your copy of Windows until you make enough money for the product key to buy is not illegal as far as I know. But I understand you want to get rid of the watermark. And you wouldn't need to worry about buying the key later on.

So here's a modified build:

• cheaper RAM, same performance
  • B150 chipset motherboard with more features
  • ECO motherboard for power saving
  • i3 CPU with 2 cores and 4 threads that allows more tasks to run at the same time (Skype while gaming, etc)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $110.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard *MSI B150M ECO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $59.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory *Avexir Budget Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $35.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus Radeon RX 460 2GB Dual OC Video Card $116.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case DIYPC DIY-F2-W ATX Mini Tower Case $34.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter $7.99 @ Newegg
Keyboard Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $49.99 @ Best Buy
Other SADES SA806 3.5mm Headset with Microphone $21.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $533.40
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-20 19:29 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks, is that motherboard able to overclock the CPU? and also do you think I can run Arma 2, Battlefield 1, CS:GO, and (roblox or minecraft if i let my nephew play on my pc) at 1080p with some respectable frames? and what do you think of my white blue and black build.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

is that motherboard able to overclock the CPU?

None of your components support overclocking. That's a different price category.

do you think I can run [...]

I would say it will be able to play all of those games, though you may need to adjust game settings to have better frame rates.

Although the system requirements of Battlefield 1 mentions an i5-6600K, I'm pretty sure the i3-6100 will run it, albeit with lower frame rates.

what do you think of my white blue and black build.

For this money, it looks good and has a decent performance. :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3qfJwV

improved on my list, and added a monitor in there since i had money left and I can buy windows for cheap on a site my friend uses (28-30 dollars) and I still have 20 dollars left to buy games off steam. what do u think

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What was the improvements? The last part list I consider is this.

1. The Pentium G4400 you have in http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3qfJwV build is definitely a step down in performance.
  2. More expensive RAM than what you need (you said you trust them better than other RAM manufacturers, I explained it's kind of pointless)
  3. Those Windows 10 keys are piracy keys, they may or may not work and you are supporting criminals. DO NOT BUY THEM! Your friend shouldn't buy them either.
  4. I thought you already have a display. I'd rather have a better CPU than a new monitor.
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried to get a Athlon X4 860k but when I went into the motherboard section I didn't get anything I don't know why it won't let me change it. I already have a display and desk but with the extra money I can dual monitor. I never knew those keys were pirated. I'll just buy a copy off of micro center since they always have sales.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

did it, hope i didnt mess up the color scheme

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube