add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about Watercoolers

Gamer3.14

39 months ago

I know in a custom loop you need to clean and replace the fluid on a regular basis but do you need to replace the fluid in a cpu watercooler? If so, how often? How long does a watercooler last?

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Not often, 5 years maybe? But it will void the warranty unless you send it in.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

So you don't replace the fluid?

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Every few weeks? What kind of loop are you running that requires maintenance that often? :) If you're using good coolant with the appropriate corrosion and growth inhibitors you can easily get away with draining/refilling your system once a year.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

That's just baller right there. Damn you for having that much free time... can you share some? :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, I liked that moment of disclosure there!

I've got a question for ya: do you notice a large gain in performance (such as lower temps) after cleaning out your rig every week versus every 6 months or so?

Just trying to figure out that optimal maintenance time. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube