add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Could I have opinions on my build. Does the mobo fit with the build?

Jimbok21

38 months ago

Is anything a bottleneck in this build. I'm probably going to order all of the parts on amazon prime tonight. Thanks for any help :)

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NWtPf8

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Just fyi you know that you're going with a Z170 motherboard and a locked CPU (non K)?

I only see 2 reasons why you would go for a Z170 motherboard; you want to overclock your CPU or you want to change the CPU somewhen in the future.

Otherwise it seems good.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I think that I can overclock my cpu in the future. Another guy said that he would change the old mother board so I did. He also told me to go in this thread before buying because he's not an expert on motherboards. I don't intend on overclocking anytime soon but I probably will in the future once I get aftermarket fans. For now I'll stick with the stock fans and change them in the future. Also, even if the chip isn't overclockable, the ram can be used to its full potential in this mobo compared to my older one

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Then I'd get faster RAM, I'd say DDR4-3200 should be the way to go. Maybe even consider getting 16GB since the price difference isn't really high. If you want to overclock your CPU then you should get the Intel i5-6600k. It will cost you only around 70 bucks more with an aftermarket cooler. And the difference of overclocked RAM and non-overclocked isn't that huge, maybe a few fps. What is your available budget?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube