add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help on upgrading!!

DVille

38 months ago

So I have been putting money aside to upgrade a few things. I am debating if upgrading my cpu would be worth it. I know the i5 4460 is still a decent processor but I am no expert. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Current part list : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZnBQyf

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

You should only upgrade if something doesn't perform as good as you want it to be. Because as i see it your build still looks great. But ofcourse its your call ;)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That makes me feel great about my setup!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you do upgrade you CPU, I recommend going Skylake but you will also have to upgrade the RAM as well as the motherboard along with it. If you want to stay on the LGA 1150 socket, upgrading the CPU wouldn't really be worth it as something like the 4690 is only about 10% better the the 4460.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Think I should just wait a few years when it becomes more of a necessity?

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That is good to hear. Idk why but I was sure the cpu was outdated..

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

primarily gaming, but was looking to start live streaming in the future.

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

around $400-500

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube