add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TheGamingBible

38 months ago

There's a sale on a Xeon CPU, Mobo and ram at my local pc store. I made this parts list. What do you guys think of it. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/cK6ckT

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need a stupid anti static wirst band. The cables aren't compatible with that PSU. That Black HDD is overpriced. What is this for?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hard to say... Converting AUD to USD brings the total to $456. In US prices, the Xeon E3-1231 V3 is roughly $240. The V5 (DDR4 compatible) is $270. They're pretty much the same in terms of performance. 16GB DDR4-2133 is about $75. Mobo is $150. So, based on solely the conversion rate, it looks like a normal deal. But Australia has some nasty import tariffs, so for you it's likely a good deal.

Still, what matters the most are your goals for the PC. For 1080p video editing, that's a really good build, but a Xeon E3-1231 V3 build would be cheaper. For gaming, it isn't a good deal because an i5-6xxx and H110 / B150 would be cheaper while yielding very close performance (holding the GPU aside).

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube