add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheaper way to buy Windows 10?

Jagaru
  • 43 months ago

Hi, I live in Singapore and and I don't want to spend 200SGD to get the Windows USB installer. Is it possible to create a bootable usb myself, and buy a activation tool separately off ebay or something? Are the codes landlocked? Thanks for answering.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 3 points

No. That would Violate MS's ToS and will be disabled, simplified, it is illegal, and I highly recommend just spending the 200 on a legal key or just getting linux

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to follow Microsoft's Terms of Service and not pirate windows, then I suggest you pay tha 200 SGD on windows.

You can make the usb media yourself though! And you don't have to activate windows to use it, you just won't be able to do some customization and cosmetic stuff.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 43 months ago
  • 2 points

Sale of software and keys from that site often violates the ToS or are resold licenses purchased via fraudulent credit card. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry, forgive me, I was just stating that that is what happens in a video on PaulsHardware, but I do understand why that comment was deleted.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube