add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trying to make a good $1000 pc (and remembering that I am very new to this)

LightOfTheMoon

37 months ago

Hello you lovely forum people, This is a build I'm considering: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/v8KZ2R The goal was to stay close to $1000 while keeping an intel processor and a 10 series graphics card, and I really have my heart set on the P400S case (but I'm open to any suggestions) which didn't go too badly. I then got slightly better parts which had higher prices of $20 or less so I ended up with a build at $1100. I want this build to last a minimum of 3 years before letting me replace the GPU, CPU, and maybe add an SSD So here's my questions: 1) Would you just get the i5 6500 now instead of the i3 6100? I know it's better, but like I said I only need it to be a placeholder for 3 years 2) Would you recommend those one use versions of win10 (i forget their proper name) or just stick with the full version 3) One review said the H110M didn't have built-in HD audio. I have no idea what that is, so is it a big deal or not? 4) Any other recommendations? Anything that I should consider or change about the build? I've only ever picked the parts of my PC before, never built it so anything you feel applies I'd love to hear :) Thank you for any help you can provide and please let me know if I'm unclear about anything.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

For your first build it look pretty good dude

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the i5 6500, and get a cheaper case and MOBO, and try to find a cheaper 1060.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube