add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First gaming build 1 year and 6 months later. Looking for advice to upgrade

ajaxjames

38 months ago

Hello to all. I put this pc together in May of 2015 and it has been working beautiful. As, it is a year and a half later and Black Friday deals are around the corner I am trying to decide if i should upgrade my G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory to 16 gig or if i should switch to a better ram choice. I am looking for advice on this to continue running my pc as well as it is now but as this was my first build I need to know if i upgrade to 16 gig will i need to upgrade any other parts of my pc for the upgrades to work? I am also looking to upgrade my Samsung 850 evo 250 gig ssd to at least 500 gigs but am sure of what company to go with as prices for brands can be all over the place. Hopefully, you my fellow gamers will help me in upgrading my pc but as usual im not looking for the most expensive parts but what could help me make this pc better and run as smooth as it has been going.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ajaxjames/saved/#view=ycKbt6

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks for the advice. A guy from here advised me on the psu but I forget who it was. Ive seen the crucial and other like priced ssd's but wasnt sure how good they were so that's why I asked for advice on the ssd front because i do need to upgrade from the 240 because being a steam gamer i need a bigger ssd.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube