add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Still tweaking this build.

ExPlosive_Beaner

38 months ago

So a few people have given me suggestions on what to change and what would work well with my parts. I have already changed a few things and hope these parts work well together. Feel free to suggest and critic the list. I plan on continuing to revise the list to make the best possible build with the amount of money I have. The budget is a hard $1200. If you notice the PSU and peripherals are not on the list and that is becuase those are already taken care of. Thank you! http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nMp8HN

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If the budget is 1200, then I suggest you get the i7-6700k, which would then be paired with a z170 board. This would allow you to overclock later (Although it is possible to overclock a non-K one through special bios)

Plus, you would be able to get higher speed ram.

Of course this all depends on what you will be doing on the pc. Will you be doing a lot of editing/rendering or hardcore gaming on games like Crisis 3?

If you can tell me its usage, then I could provide you with a better response to your build

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube