add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
kyraandchris

37 months ago

MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB GAMING X Video Card Vs Asus GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Dual Video Card

Amd FX-8370 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Vs Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor

Ive decided to go with these choices as of now.this will be my first build and im not very knowledgeable on this stuff so any insight and honest opinions are appreciated

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Go with the i5, will serve you better. If you can spare it, get the i5-6500.

As for the GPUs, thats tricky. I have an RX 480 4gb and it plays all my games 1080p 60fps at ultra quality. However, the 1060 has more power. But with DX12, RX 480 takes the cake. 1gb of Vram wont help much.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much for the info..i will be building me and my wife one with the specs stated so far. Still need to finish the builds but you so far have been the most helpful thanks again

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah no problemo. You can also get an MSI RX 480 for 199 on amazon right now, cheap and works great. Has good reviews, especially on the temperatures. Wish you luck :)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The i5 6400 win hands down, its not even a contest between the two.

The RX 480 is slightly better than the 3GB GTX 1060.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the insight

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube