add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Budget...ish Gaming Rig - Suggestions?

ZentryG

38 months ago

Hey everyone, I'm a young aspiring computer enthusiast with a passion for building PC's. I just wanted to inform everyone that I am somewhat new to the PC building community and I'm very excited to get into building my first computer.

The reason I'm posting this is to get other computer enthusiasts to review my build that I'm planning to buy and start building for myself. I'd like some criticism and suggestions as to how I could improve my build and my knowledge for computer building so please do comment.

My build is a gaming budget build of approx $2500 AUD, roughly $1910 USD. I live in Australia so I'm afraid the best I could save for my first build is $2500 and availability of computer components is not exactly... vast.

I love the whole White and Black theme of this build so I'd like to stay along that path of the colour theme, but if required I don't mind being flexible.

Here's the link to my build: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/3R9xgL

Thank you so much for your time and effort, I really appreciate the help, Zen.

P.S. I would've really liked to get myself the Asus z170-A motherboard however it isn't available here for a cheap price... let alone in stock anywhere here in Australia, so yeah I'm unlucky on that part but if I could get it, would it be a better choice compared to the MSI Krait Gaming 3X motherboard?

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like a solid parts list to me..

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Sponix, any suggestion as to what you would do to better this build?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You've done really well. One (very) slight improvement could be moving to 3000 or 3200 MHz RAM. But there's nothing wrong with it as-is.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much 80-wattHamster, I would liked to upgrade to 3000MHz or even 3200MHz but I can't afford it :C Sad life, but if I can afford I will try to get the 3000MHz variant, thank you for the help though :D

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure you can. For less than your current selection, even.

If cost is a factor, you can also save a bit on the PSU.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it's a good build. Only thing I'd suggest which is totally optional is spending less on a keyboard and get a quality cpu liquid cooler for more overclocking potentitled, but com0letely your choice.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube