add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build, looking for opinions.

ruthlesscoder

38 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor $428.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock X99 Taichi ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard $219.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $244.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $244.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $119.98 @ Directron
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.00 @ B&H
Video Card NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) 12GB Video Card $1200.00
Case Thermaltake Core P3 Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case $142.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $167.69
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $98.99 @ My Choice Software
Monitor Asus MG24UQ 23.6" 60Hz Monitor $300.98 @ Newegg
Other Kraken X52 $149.99
Other Water Cooling $1184.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $4641.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-24 19:47 EDT-0400

The AIO is just temporary until I can afford the water cooling loop

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What's the purpose of the build? Gaming?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming, video editing for youtubing. Art, streaming and school, so just about everything lol

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You build cost too much also a GTX 1070 and a i7-6700K will get the job done . I can save money to get a Mircophone , extra monitor and a DSLR.

I'm fine with my part list. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/iiTracer/saved/BJ7WZL

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, get a 6700K, great for editing, and a gtx 1070 or a 1080, also do not get that monitor, get at least a good 24 inch 1080p 144hz, or a 1440p 24 inch or above. :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, just so you know, I'm also planning on a triple monitor setup in the future. And the reason I went with the 6800k is because I was told that the 6 cores would help for editing rather than 4 cores. As for the pascal, I know that in a few years they'll still be kicka** because I'm planning on also getting those in sli in the future as well. I've seen the benchmarks on the pascals and they'll dominate just about anything. So thats the reason for that :p

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, get a GTX1080 or even sli now. Titan XP are not that great for gaming for their price/performance. 2 1080's will do you just fine. As for your monitors, get one of what you want three of now, then you do not have to buy three new ones, only two. As for the CPU, you can go with the 6800K, but you will have to oc by at least .6 to reach the same performance of the 6700K in terms of ghz. :)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

For the monitors, that was my original plan. I've done quite a lot of research on cards comparing 1080's and Pascal's and the Pascal has dominated every time on almost every forum and review I've seen. Plus with the fact that single card solutions are better for gaming since a lot of games don't yet support SLI very well. So that's the reason I was going to go with the Pascal. Also I'm sure in the future, more games will better support SLI and then I could go with the dual Pascal's since by that time I'll have the funds to get a second one.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Pascal is the whole 10 series generation of cards :) If you want to spend that extra money you can, but I have an idea for you. Depending on when you build, wait until the 1080 ti comes out :D It has 12 gb of ddr5 vram I think, but is more orientated for gaming :) And yes if you are planning to oc the 6800K then that is fine, you will just have to get a good water cooler :D

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I've actually decided to go with a the i7-6700k 4.0ghz CPU with the Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S MB. did more research and I've made that decision. Anywhoves, I might actually get to 1080 Ti, but I'm not sure yet. We'll see what happens when it comes out :P

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, I plan on overclocking anyways. so the CPU shouldn't be an issue. But I'll do a little more research on it! :D

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I'm trying to go with maxed out settings on all games as well as video editing, not exactly sure what specific software yet

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube