add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1st gaming PC, would like comments and suggestions

seversil

38 months ago

Hi everyone, I've come up with what I would like to buy and put together as my first personally created desk top PC. I would like to not go much over $1500 for the build, but I'm a bit of a newbie at this. So, suggestions are appreciated. I plan to use the computer for gaming and work (work is not too intensive).

The list is: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/seversil/saved/wFMZLk

Just let me know if what I have is a good idea or what might be a better idea. Thanks ahead of time for any help or advice.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd change the cooler

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool, thank you!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I see no issues personally. If you want to save a few more dollars, opt for a cheaper case of your choice.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi, I'm a little worried about having enough room, do you have a few suggestions which would still be able to house everything but be able to fit more if necessary?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a cheap, mid or full tower case. The parts list will tell you if you don't have enough room. Most mid/full towers are pretty big.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

better cooler (cyrorig h7 as others recommended). corsair ram is pretty expensive. unless you plan on going dual gpu then 550w is fine and its much higher quality. if you dont really need an optical drive id recommend getting a USB disc drive. opens up a ton of more case options, saves space inside, looks better imo, and can be used with any machine (that has usb). dont get the corsair fans. contrary to their name they are not that great and fairly loud.

much cheaper ram - http://pcpartpicker.com/product/pfPzK8/gskill-memory-f42800c16d16gvg

better psu - http://pcpartpicker.com/product/3zNypg/corsair-power-supply-cp9020090na

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I wasn't planning to immediately go dual GPU, but eventually I would like to. What do you mean by quality when you refer to the PSU? I have some games I'd like to run off the disk drive, nothing too intensive, could I still do that alright with the USB drive? Thanks for the RAM. What other fans would you suggest as a replacement? I'm also a little unsure about how many I should consider putting in.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

when you say eventually how long into the future are you talking? its usually always better to get a single faster card than two slower cards.

just overall quality of the psu. jonnyguru.com does good reviews and can explain better than me. both will work fine, its just why pay the same for a lower quality one

if you are going to be running alot of games and stuff off the drive you may be better with the one you have. USB drives are slower but more portable.

really once you go past 1-2 fans there is very little difference (in most modern cases). Cases that are extremely restrictive tend to need more fans because air has a harder time flowing through it. the case you have selected comes with two 140mm fans. that should be enough. Im not a huge fan of your case but if you like it its fine. I think you might be able to stick another fan in the front for a total of 3. id call it quits after that though.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really too sure, probably at least a few months. So, I'll sleep on changing the PSU, thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

I'm not set on the case, I definitely would appreciate some suggestions on different ones!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Here, Try This:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $293.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard ASRock H170M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $61.98 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston FURY 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $80.02 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $69.95 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Storage Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $84.80 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card $395.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $56.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Rosewill 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.89 @ OutletPC
Keyboard Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $34.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1363.07
Mail-in rebates -$55.00
Total $1308.07
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-25 12:00 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the list, but I like the overall setup I have going. If you have any suggestions for it specifically, I'd hear them though!

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I've got a pretty solid list now!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube