add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC build ($1600ish budget)

Boozebreath

37 months ago

Looking for opinions. This is the best I could come up with other than possibly wait for Kaby Lake.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/h4XvZ8

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3111186/hardware/10-key-things-to-know-about-intels-kaby-lake-cpus.html

The only reason I see to go Kaby-Lake is not having a dedicated GPU in your system

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thinking of swapping out the mobo for something more cost effective, well at least by a little. I like the board but my original plan was to be closer to the $200 range. I was originally considering cheaper options like the MSI Krait 3x and Asus Pro Gaming Aura. I am under my budget but I figured I should try to see if I can save just a little more by choosing a different mobo.

Things that drew me away from the Krait 3x was reviews saying the board wasn't standard ATX size and the mounting holes don't line up in cases like they should. The Asus just looked cheaply made to me even though I know they have good bios.

Originally I was set on a Gigabyte gaming 7 when I first started looking into building but a combination of the color scheme and the onboard audio issues I kept seeing in reviews was enough to change my mind.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube