add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need critisim , Also some tips

Yahitay

38 months ago

Hi there :) I Am not really sure if i put this topic in the wrong section of this forum, and i do apologize if so. My friend made this build, i would go and use it as well (but i guess i will get a 144hz monitor). In addition to critism, i also would like to ask whether this parts are going to have some kind of good deals on the upcoming "Black Friday" or not. Here is the build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Doushy/saved/Vd9WZL

If this help, i will use this pc especially for rpg games (such as tera and Blade and Soul) and some shooting (BF1 or OW) and RTS (LoL). Also, it would help if you would tell me how long this pc is going to be a "capable one" which will be able to run games at 60 fps (even if low setting). Thx a lot.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

You'll be golden on everything except perhaps BF1. The published minimum specs are a 6600K on the Intel side, since the game is apparently VERY highly-threaded. Otherwise you're golden for probably a good three-plus years (assuming 1080p).

Regarding Black Friday, it's nigh-impossible to know ahead of time.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

First, thanks for your comment, it is really helpful! And what im asking about friday is that does it normally affect the prices of cpus\gpus or other stuff?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

I honestly don't know. Upgrade time doesn't seem to happen around that time of year for me, and the holidays are usually too busy to keep a close eye on pricing.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Aha, Thanks for your reply again. But since we are at it, could you explain to me the difference between i5-6500 and i5-6400? all i know is the cpu speed only but is this the only thing?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

As far as most users are concerned, it's just the clocks. 2.7 vs. 3.2 GHz base, and 3.3 vs. 3.6 turbo. Most of the other differences (vPro, SIPP, and Trusted Execution) aren't really relevant outside of IT deployment. TSX-NI is supposed to help multi-threaded performance, but I've never seen it mentioned outside of Intel's spec sheet, so I wouldn't assign too much weight to that. The speed is definitely the largest factor to consider. For desktop use, the 6400 is probably fine, since the turbo frequency is decent. Gaming is a more sustained workload, though, and the extra 500 MHz of base clock in the 6500 is worth the extra cost.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I see! Thank you for your reply, i am deeply grateful, it was super helpful!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube