add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Video Cable To Use For GTX 960 4 GB OC

OldMeat

37 months ago

I have a Gigabyte GTX 960 WF +2 OC video card, but I am not sure what kind of video cable to use to just hook it up to a rather humble TV monitor.

I will be getting a dedicated monitor later, but for now I will be using a Hitachi 19" LCD TV monitor that has PC source options with D-sub, RCA, and HDMI input connectors.

I know the RCA is pretty much pointless. I am thinking of using the HDMI because it seems most obvious to use, but the video card has a total of 4 outputs. They are a dual link DVI-I, dual link DVI-D, Display Port, and an HDMI port.

Would I be best off using an adapter with DVI outputs or should I just use a HDMI cable connection with this temporary TV setup?

Thank you ahead of time for any help or replies with this issue.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Use the hdmi because it will carry sound(if the tv supports that) and you are not playing at 144hz so it won't make a difference in terms of an FPS over 60 or so.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube