add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Future Upgrade, opinions and suggestions please

JuanViCa

37 months ago

My actual build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BB4nGf

Intel i7 3770 3,4ghz 3rd Gen MOBO: Intel DH61WW GPU: Asus Radeon R7 370 4gb strix edition Power supply: EVGA 500W

GENERIC COMPONENTS<<

8gb RAM 1333mhz 2TB Storage

My question is that i would like to make an upgrade in the future (like 1 year from now) but i would like to start now from little things, like another 8gb of RAM. By this time I can run the witcher 3 ULTRA SETTINGS but in a resolution of 768p. Can someone help me? if I want to run this kind of game on 1080p or even 2K?

I could say that I need a new MOBO, GPU and +RAM but you are the professionals c:

its my first time using this plataform, Thanks.

And by the way, sorry for my english.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

What your going to want to do is switch the processor and video card budgets and go make a new build + the other parts (ram, cooler, sotrage, case).

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Overall, your processor is perfectly fine, the only upgrades you only really need to do is

1. Replace GPU, 1070 = good at 1440p, god at 1080p
  2. Increase ram, 8gb is perfectly fine but I recommend 16gb if you can (mhz speed should be 1600+, dont worry to much since the only time the speed really matters is in rendering of photos & movies)
  3. PSU is perfectly fine, but I'd recommend replacing it because of age (600+ is my recommendation)
  4. GET A MF SSD IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE

If you do plan to do a new build 1. Do you really need the i7? if not, just get an i5 2. Do you really need to overclock?

MOBO = if you're not overclocking, no need for a Z-chip mobo Ram = 8gb or 16gb is fine GPU = 1070 will overkill any 1080p games PSU = replace for sure SSD = I'd recommend getting a 240gb+ ssd and combo it with any spare HDDs

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube