add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

first gaming pc opinions wanted

zeirvoy

37 months ago

i want to be able to run everything at good speeds with high graphics settings.

link: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tx44NN

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. No need for RAM that fast if you're just gaming, feel free to pick a cheaper one
  2. 1070 will overkill any 1080p games, and does decent at 1440p gaming. Since you're gaming at 1080p, this will be fine for years
  3. Personally I'd replace the case and I don't think you need a full sized case, feel free to choose another midsize case. Maybe go for something asthetically or for silence? (I'd recommend the fractal r4,r5,s series or the phantek eclipse series)
  4. Invest in a better power supply, although 500watts meet the minimum, just in the case you ever plan to upgrade or sli, a 650+ psu would be a better investment
  5. (personal opinion). Turtle beach headset? really? there are way better options in terms of gaming headsets for $100. Look into headsets like the hyper xcloud, steel series arctis, logitech g headsets

Overall, the build should do fine with gaming

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you tied to that mouse and keyboard combo? Depends on the games you play but most gamers go optical sensor. Case is bigger than you need consider the phanteks enthoo evolve atx, the cooler master master case pro 5 or the nzxt h440.

Look into whether you have clearance between the RAM and the cpu cooler and consider switching to low profile RAM like the Corsair vengeance LPX.

GTX 1070 os fantastic at 1440p btw.

I think EVGA do a 550w PSU in their G2 range. Get that as the G2 range is very highly rated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube