add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
CIKJ

37 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wF22r7

I am trying to build the best possible $225 PC mainly just for browsing the internet and YouTube. Should I make any changes to this? Also, where can I find Windows 7 the cheapest? Thanks.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Is $225 your maximum budget? Logisys power supplies are very low quality. Try this instead:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9XJmxY

As for Windows 7, try Ebay maybe.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

if it's cheap though that violates Microsofts TOS so they would be illegal keys

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

TBH, if your needs are just the internet and youtube, you might do better to just buying the Dell PC's that you can find on craigslist. You can easily find older pc's used in offices for 200-300 that come with an i5, 4gb ram, 500gb+ storage and with windows.

But if you are sticking with this build, I say swapping the HDD with an SSD would be a better investment since the ssd would make it perform faster and you don't need that storage. Also, try finding a case & PSU combo to save more money.

As a member of pcpartpicker, we aren't suppose to recommend places for OS other than the original manu, but since you want windows 7, ebay may be the only place to find one still.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube