add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help need to upgrade parts for my pc !!

Thealchemy

38 months ago

Hello folks, I currents have this as my pc built but wanted to up the speed on my build . I just started working in automotive photography and I edit about 300 photos per day and I've notice my pc is pretty slow when I work on 100 photos or more at a time so I was wondering what you guys would recommends and how easy would be to swap parts out. Thank you to anyone who replys. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thealchemy/saved/48nqqs

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Increase in ram would be recommended, so just like flaberpengu said, 16gb more ram would be more beneficial. Also is there a reason you're getting the gtx 970? There are other cards you can get that may meet your needs better and be more cost efficient like the new gtx 1050ti or 1060 or amd rx 470-480 series

Also, the PSU is definitely overkill, you could pass with just a 500 (I'd say 650+ if y ou plan to do something crazy in the future)

There won't be any issues with swapping parts out, just keep in mind when installing the SSD in the fracal r4, you do have the option to install it behind the mobo, but you have to do do this before installing the mobo... My recommendation? don't install it behind the mobo just install it in the drive cage.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I do a lot of pc gaming as well that's why I went with the gtx970..okay then thank you

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

the gtx 970 is old, and technically its modern equivalent is the 1060 or 480

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

GPU looks fine, a hyperthreaded quad core CPU should be fine. All i can suggest is maybe getting 16GB more RAM - not too expensive and probably beneficial.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a specific gpu you would recommend that would work well? Even though my computer is already built could I still replace the CPU

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this a new build or do you already have the 970? It should be fine. If you really want to, you could get the 1060 or even 1070. I still would recommend 16GB more RAM. Changing the CPU wouldn't do much as that is a very good CPU anyway.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I already have the 970 .. I build my pc last year ... okay then thank you I will just update my ram

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, hope it goes well!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube