add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Dragau4

38 months ago

So i just wanted your opinion on my new build : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/v2FCr7 if you have any suggestion don't hesitate and tell me

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Drop the sound card..

Get the Cryorig H7 which is smaller, quieter and outperforms the evo for a little more.

Motherboard only has 4 memory slots, it would be crazy to fill all four with 16gb of ram. If you ever need to upgrade...

Get a better motherboard ..

Get a GTX 1060 which outperforms the GTX 970 and is more efficient.

You need a power supply and a hard drive or SSD. DO you have this? Went ahead and added a PSU and HDD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $236.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler $34.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $133.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $75.18 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card $244.98 @ Newegg
Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $39.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM 64-bit $83.99 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $989.57
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $939.57
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-26 22:38 EDT-0400
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Already have a Seagate 1TB hard drive(ST1000DM003) :P i didnt know a 1060 could be so cheap thank you for that. I heard somewhere that 4 x4gb of ram will be better than 2x8 gb is it true ( that is why i put 4 4gb ram)

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

I heard somewhere that 4 x4gb of ram will be better than 2x8 gb is it true ( that is why i put 4 4gb ram)

Not true.. Z170 only supports dual channel so it will not make any difference. If it was the X99 which only supports quad channel configuration then it would make a difference.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

And i saw that you put ?GB just wondering what is the real difference between 6gb and 4gb on a video card i never really known what the gb of a video card meant.

Is my CPU a great one?

And lastly for the CPU cooler is it better and cheaper liquid ?

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Eventhough the GTX 970 says 4gb, it really has 3.5gb. The other 0.5 if used will make the card slow down and stutter .Another reason to not consider the 970. For 1080P it would still be fine but would not make sense at this point.

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-nvidias-gtx-970-slows-down-using-more-than-35gb-vram/

VRam is the video ram. Higher resolutions and settings will have more consumption. Also there are some games that use more.

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/90/much-vram-need-1080p-1440p-4k-aa-enabled/index.html

Some 1060 benchmarks (cheaper, more energy efficient and outperforms the 970) It also has more VRAM so it will last you longer and perform slightly better at higher resolutions.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-pascal,4679-3.html

Is my CPU a great one?

Yes it is.. Excellent gaming cpu IMO with the best price to performance ratio.. (sweet spot for gaming)

And lastly for the CPU cooler is it better and cheaper liquid ?

Around that budget the H7 is probably the best air cooler. Liquid coolers start to make sense at 240mm and up. If you wanted a better cooler you can get the scythe fuma which cost around 45-50 bucks.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for all your reply it really helped me a lot and one last thing do i need to buy thermal compound? or it comes with something in what i have http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JZtkwV

EDIT: I decided to take windows out i will simply but one on USB and install it from there

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

What all do you intend to use the system for?

And what is your budget?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming and multi-gaming (host a server and play the game on the same computer) i have 1000$ or under as my budget

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube