add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions On This? First Attempt...

Skenderbeu

37 months ago

First time, I just wanted to know if this is an alright setup? Im trying to basically keep it low as I can and get some good value out of it.

I also wanted to know if this PSU would work with the setup? I got it for free so might as well try saving something and use it. http://www.serverworlds.com/dell-wh113-poweredge-840-power-supply-420w-ps-5421-1ds-rohs/

Setup: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/3cTp3F

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't check the compatibility of it, but it should be okay as long as it has the correct cables and fits in your case. I just changed your RAM up a bit.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $110.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $53.88 @ OutletPC
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $44.18 @ NCIX US
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini Video Card $199.00 @ B&H
Case Rosewill Challenger S ATX Mid Tower Case $34.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $492.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-27 02:17 EDT-0400
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! Just wondering, what's the difference between this new RAM and the previous one?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

2x4GB instead of 1x8Gb, and it was like 70 cents less.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ooooh ok thanks! Ya I'm in Canada so the prices change a little and the same websites aren't always available. Everything's more expensive here :'(

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Get on pcpartpicker's canadian site. Change your location in the top-right of this page.

Search for "slickdeals computer parts" and check out some great deals on graphics cards. I think jet.com and newegg will ship to Canada, but verify before hand.

Can't talk much about prices cuz I'm not familiar with Canadian prices. As for the build, that i3 is great. The 1060 3GB for a close price to the 470 and 480 is usually better. Get a dual fan model for lower temp, less noise, and higher overclock potential. Look up professional reviews to make sure you got a good one.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

As for RAM, there's no significant difference between 1x8GB and 2x4GB--especially for gaming and basic tasks. Get whichever is cheaper. If you plan on upgrading, the 1x8 leaves room for another 8GB.

When looking for RAM, minimize CL (or rather, CAS) and price. On any mobo except the Z170, you can't get the speed higher than 2133 MHz.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube