add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about liquid cooling in a slim case

Riza00

39 months ago

I have a node 202 with a Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor and a Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B 45.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler over a Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard. I was wondering if I went with a corsair H5 SF instead as a liquid cooling option instead of air would there be any type of benifit? So far running my pc at high performance the highest my cpu is getting is around 78°which is not bad but figured if there was a significant decrease in temps with water cooling that is always a good thing. Thanks for any thoughts or help on the subject.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

I was wondering if I went with a corsair H5 SF instead

The H5 SF will not fit as cpu clearance for node 202 is 56mm and height of the H5 is 84mm.

Only way to add liquid cooling would be using the corsair H55 or similar and a mini itx gpu (radiator installed next to gpu). You will have to cut part of case to route the hoses.

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

Ah thank you, I am just going to stick with the air fan it works pretty well.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube