add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$170 for i5-6500, best deal?

zach2519
  • 41 months ago

On Jet.com if you are a new customer you get 15% off your first three orders; this means you get the i5-6500 for $170, a decent price since the price graph on PCPP shows it rarely goes as low as $180.

I'm tempted to buy it because the sale ends on 11/15, but with black Friday coming it's a gamble since a BF deal might be better.... thoughts?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The sale as in TRIPLE15?

Odd, as I don't think that particular thing actually "ends" until you use it. Mine was originally set to expire on 10/15/2016, but has shifted to 01/01/2017.

Anyway, yeah, I very much like that site. I am looking at a white Asus GeForce GTX 160 3GB for $177.89

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

If you click on Details for TRIPLE15 it says it expires 11/15/2016, that's what I was going off of.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Mine did the same, but switched dates after the expiration passed. I think it's a special for new members, and doesn't really expire until it's used up.

That's only based on my experience, though.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I had the same date change. At the beginning of October I saw supposed end date of the code so I freaked out and saved as much cash as I could and bought the card a few hours before the 15th only to find out I had like 2 and a half months more time to get it.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know if it will go lower (this holiday), but if you can get to a Microcenter, they have the i5-6500 at $180 all year as well as $30 off a Mobo with purchase of CPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube