add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
zakridley

37 months ago

I have recently been wanting to get more into pc gaming but my pc cant really do much. My parts are: Intel core i3-2100 CPU 3.10 GHZ 4gb RAM Windows 7 64 bit NVIDIA Geforce GT 710 I dont really know what the case is or the motherboard. I need help on which parts i should upgrade. my budget is around 100-120 pounds and i am from england.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd consider saving a bit more and then doubling your Ram and buying a Geforce 1050 Ti

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

thats what i want to do but , i mean slowly build up and upgrade the pc.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

as Wegason stated, doubling your ram and getting a budget graphics card is about the only way to continue with your current build. beyond that, you'd be pouring more money into older outdated parts and it'd make more sense to save up for a fresh new build.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

is it worth getting a new cpu???

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

negative, not in my opinion at least.

your current motherboard is outdated and you'd end up paying more for a cpu than it's worth.

so instead of finding parts that fit your current motherboard, you're better off just saving up for a new system. costs more, but if done correctly will last you much longer.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

so your saying i wont be able to upgrade to maybe an i5

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

you could if you found an amazing deal on a used one. if you're using a i3-2100 like you said, your motherboard is socket LGA 1155 so you'd have to make sure you bought an i5 that'd fit it and that could cost you more than what you could buy a new motherboard and a better cpu for!

maybe look at how much a budget new skylake i3 build would cost ya to see if it's that's something you'd like to do.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

well i recently sold my ps4, so what im gonna do is bu 4gb or gb or RAM . and maybe get an i4 if i can , or an upgrade of graphics card. what would you say???

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It also depends on if you have a spare DIMM slot free for more RAM.

If not then you need to save for a new build as Eski says.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I do have a spare ram slot

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Which part of England? Because we have alot of second hand parts circulating in my friend group and we'd be happy to sell, things like 750 it's for £50 + p&p would be easily do-able. That will be able to run most modern day games at 1080p, and easily at lower settings.

If you could crack open you pc and see motherboard details we could see what processors we could swap in, and cheap RAM upgrades.

After all of that you'd have a fairly good gaming system for £100-£140

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Also can you update the original post with all the info you know about the PC now. Would be handy.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont really know what my PSU is

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

ATX switching power supply model: ATX-500B Voltage: 230v Current-5A Frequency-50-60HZ

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

also would it matter if i had 2 different brands of RAM and would it be ok to have a 4gb and an 8gb ?? or does it need tobe balanced

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yes that is my psu and what psu would you recomend??? also i allready have one ram slot with 4gb so should i get a 4 or an 8gb

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube