add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Gewch

38 months ago

Hello,

Its been about 8 years since my last build and I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some components.

The PC will be used for some light overclocking, gaming, virtual reality, and eventually some 4k video (once my DJI Mavic shows up). I have not decided on a monitor, speakers, or headset yet. I will be purchasing a legit copy of Windows 10, not the OEM key. It is simply listed for completeness.

This is what I have so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JKZH4C

Not sure how to embed my list in this post...

Your input is great appreciated!

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure how to embed my list in this post

Click on the PCPP logo in the middle of the screen next to the reddit logo on your build and copy and paste all of the text wherever you want the list

Overall it looks like a really good build. You could downgrade the PSU to a 550W if you wanted, but it's not going to cause problems if you leave it as is. Also depending on what you plan on putting on those SSDs, you could get a SATA3 SSD and achieve similar performance to that PCIe drive for considerably less money.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If he needs the storage, sure, but he could always add one in later if he runs out of space. If he cut out the m.2 he has now (again this is dependent on what he plans to use it for) he could get a single 1TB Pro series Drive for about the same cost.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for checking it out.

I do not plan to use any mechanical drives in this build - all important data will be offloaded to my NAS.

I had another question about airflow with the NZXT H440 and my fan choices.

I plan to remove the HDD cage in the front of the case and mount the H100i in the front. I will be replacing the fans on the H100i with the two SP120 High Performance fans and use them as intake. I will replace the stock NZXT 140mm fan with the Corsair AF140 fan as exhaust.

My question is for the remaining 4 fan locations (1 front intake and 3 top exhaust) My research says I would want positive pressure in this case. I was planning on using the Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions for this task. Would that be recommended over the SP120 High Performance?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube