add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
freddy_g

38 months ago

I am an avid gamer for over the past few years i have always bought prebuilt systems. I been slowly trying to get a build going , after looking through all my options im kinda of conflicted on hard drives or SSD or even go with an M.2. This is would be my first build attempt. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TyDKhq I would like your input please and any suggestions on a monitor and SSD drives please. Keep in mind i would like to keep the build at a price range of $1250-1800. thats minus the monitor cost.

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good

If you don't mind the speed difference I would get a 240-250gb ssd and a 1tb HDD

Also keep in mind that you have a nvidia GPU with a FREESYNC monitor

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't notice that. How about this http://pcpartpicker.com/product/zj8Zxr/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370 I don't see a problem with this monitor other then hurt the wallet for a bit lol

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Good monitor, but I doubt the 1070 will get 1440p 144Hz on most games. Of course this depends on the game and the settings

How about the Dell S2716DG?

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Solid build, I would build it though I already have something similar. Even if a 1070 won't push nearly as much fps to get 144hz, it's just settings you can adjust. But who cares? It's GSync! Just turn it on and have no regrets! My GTX 1080 with the games I play rarely gets over 110 since I run everything at near max settings. Warframe and Minecraft for sure easily surpass 120fps. I can speak for the Kraken x61-damn good cooler. G.Skill is known for their great timings and overclocking their new V series will be a good experience. I personally have the TridentZ series and they're wonderful performers, though that's expected of all RAM kits today which is good news.

I also like the monitor, though mine is Gsync IPS it's still a nice family of monitors to pick from even if they're TN panels.

I want to point out that for the same price of your two 2.5" SSDs you can get Samsung's 950 PRO 512GB for about the same price. Of course that would half your storage capacity but the gains in speed alone may be enough for you to consider half a TB worth it. Maybe. All on you, ofc.

Out of preference and user experience I recommend Fractal Design's Define R5 case instead of the S340. It's the superior case and IMO worth the money.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube