add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for light gaming pc

RabidBeefalo

38 months ago

Made a part list, shared it on reddit, and got some second opinions. This was the compromised result. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/RabidBeefalo/saved/PQpGXL I am really looking to get this into the $375-$450 range, either by getting different parts, or otherwise. Speaking of otherwise, do computer components go on sale much during Black Friday, and if they do, hypothetically, what discount might I be able to get on this build? Any advice on this is welcome, this will hopefully be my first build!

Thanks in advance, Matt

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

First of all do you need the optical drive? And really the only way off lowering the price would be to get a pentium or an AMD cpu, or go for a worse gpu. Also, you might be able to save some money by going for a mini-itx mobo and case. Also some cases have built in PSU and are usually cheaper.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

you might be able to save some money by going for a mini-itx mobo

That would cost more.

Also some cases have built in PSU and are usually cheaper.

But they are **** PSU's which you want to replace ASAP, both products are usually awful, and it could easily cost you a lot more in the long when it decides to go and/or ripple fry or damage your parts than spending a few extra dollars. You should never cheap out on the PSU.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey I'm just trying to help, calm down.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

If you make bad and dangerous suggestions something is likely to be said.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It is not totally necessary, but I usually watch a lot of dvd's on my pc, as well as owning lots of old cd-roms.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

You can always get a usb optical drive a bit later after you have the money.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough

• 38 months ago
  • 0 points

The case is overpriced, ditch the optical drive.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $110.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $48.98 @ Newegg
Memory *Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $35.99 @ Directron
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $47.33 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB SC GAMING Video Card $120.00
Case Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $24.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $433.27
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-29 00:31 EDT-0400

It has a better PSU and I got it within budget.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube