add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A question about Intel Kaby Lake processors

Yahitay

38 months ago

tl;dr : is it worth to wait 3 months (including shipping) without a pc (sad face) till the new Kaby Lake comes or should i just buy the current Sky Lake?

Hello, As mentioned in the tiltle, i would like to ask a question about the Intels new generation. It is announced that it will be released on the 5th of January 2017, Which is about 2 months from now. My point is: My ANCIENT laptop is dead now, and im planning on making a new pc with the budget of almost 1000$. (the list for those who are intersted: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Doushy/saved/Vd9WZL ) As shown in the list, what i was planning to do is to buy an i5, then intel went "poof a new generation". And since that i am "pc-less" atm, it is quite hard to wait for 2 more months, and 1 more until the processor arrive from shipping (this is the estimated time for shipping to my country.) which sums up to 3 months total. its pretty much a long time, so what im asking is: it worth to wait this 3 hard months till the Kaby Lake processors, or should i just buy the Sky Lake (note that the price is gonna be the same for both generations as Intel announced.)

Comments

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

They use the same socket (1151) so if you buy a skylake mobo and cpu right now, you can always swap a kaby lake proccessor in later.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your reply. But i have a strict budget that won't let me by both, and buying both is kinda a waste to begin with.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Firstly, I appreciate your reply. What i can understand from your reply is that the new generation is gonna be focusing mostly on the 4K feature. But what i was asking is about its performance (mostly on gaming), And i specified the i5 (7500 in exact), which I obviously wont use the 4K feature on. And since im going to use it mostly for gaming, the features that you mentioned focused on data transfaring and display, but does it make a considerable difference between the i5-6500 and i5-7500. And again, thanks for your help.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your reply. It makes sense to make my medicore pc like this, and the parts that are listed here are good and all. BUT i have a strict budget of exactly 1000$, Which includes the pc parts, the mouse and headsets, the monitor, and the shipping too (since it takes about 30$ to ship to my country). Which makes the literal PC about 800$ cost :) Thanks again. :)

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thisis roughly similar to what im planning to build but with some differences. I appreciate your suggestions and will reconsider my build again.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube