add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Time Build - Gaming and Game Design

Impojr

37 months ago

Hi all!

I'm just about to finish my final year of university - where I study Game and Entertainment Design - and wanted to upgrade my home workstation so I would be able to work on projects at home.

I will admit that I don't think the first thing when it comes to building PCs, but I have been saving for a while so I do want something good quality.

So I just copied the excellent gaming build from the featured guide, changed the processor to an Intel Core i7-6700K, and added a TP-Link wireless network adapter.

I have a list of requirements, and I think the build covers it:

• Needs to be able to use programs like Photoshop, Unreal Engine, and the like without slowing down and freezing
  • Needs to be wireless internet capable

Here's a link to the list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/fRRnGf

...well that wasn't much of a list but yeah you get the picture. I think that's all I need apart from monitors, OS and software,

but would someone be able to see if the build is compliant with what I've described?

Cheers!

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube