add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
llloyd4

37 months ago

Greetings. Currently I have a Define R5, but I am not wildly happy with it, the recessed motherboard tray is a pain, any connector that is at right angles to the motherboard is a bear to get plugged in. Also, embarrassingly enough, there was an accident that tipped the case over and it got tweaked so the covers are a pain to get on again. >.< Anyway, I am considering upgrades for income tax time (February) and was thinking of getting a new case as well. Already in my list - http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nKKwqk - is the Asus x99 A II with an Intel 5930k (currently I use an AMD Phenom II X6 1045T running at 2.7ghz stock) and was going to get a Corsair H115I AIO cooler. Problem comes in the fact I have 4 mechanical drives in my system. I can't use the 'remove the 5 hdd bay and move the 3 hdd bay forward a little' trick, won't work. So I am looking for a case that offers both drive bays, at least 4, but still enough space to fit the AIO cooler with filters on all the intake fans so the cat hair that premeds this place (I live with a cat lover. >.< ) doesn't get it's clingy claws into everything inside the case. Any suggestions? I do like the simplistic look of the Define series.

Edit: Oh! Almost forgot, would really prefer the radiator on the front or back, not the top. Things get dropped on top of the case all the time, mail, keys, etc. >.<

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry it took so long to get around to this. You might want to take a look at the Corsair 750D. It's a full tower, and thus huge, but hits all your requirements. Except perhaps the MB tray issue. Phanteks' Enthoo Pro M may also work.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

There are filters for when searching for things, that could help

Cases are so subjective that it's hard to recommend something, NZXT, Phanteks, Corsair, are all good choices

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube