add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time builder need opinions please

Twizted89

37 months ago

I have only owned one gaming PC and it was pre-built in 2012 so I don't know much about PC parts and I'm a bit anxious as I get closer to buying. So I want to make sure I have no obvious incompatibilities, a bad pick of parts in general, or I could completely be missing something essential that I need. If you have any input please feel free I need help. I'm pretty much at my budget now with what I got on the list but I could add a little more if necessary. I will be buying in less than 2 weeks. I just want a high performing machine at 1080p and is ready for upgrades in the future like SLI. Thanks for your time.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/yjBkwV

-edited parts list x2

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I can see how that could be an issue, I am down for a better cooler but I'm still scared of water cooling :p I am going to add that cooler to my list thank you very much. Also on the peripherals I am going to try to figure something out cause they are a bit over pricey.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I recommend the Scythe Fuma CPU cooler. It is only $50 and worth it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/dVwqqs/scythe-cpu-cooler-scfm1000

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It would be the distant future before I would need to SLI I just wanted to make sure the PC could do it. One 1080 will do me fine for a long time especially since I'm used to this ancient beast I'm on now :p

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow that's a nice list mark5916 thank you very much. How would that build differ performance wise to the current build I have? Sorry I'm noob.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I agree the keyboard is going to go, I will also change the mobo and ssd.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm hoping better air flow for one but I don't know if that's true, I just figured better to have to much than not enough cause I have no clue how much I need :/

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the last thing I want is for something to overheat but like I said earlier water cooling is scary especially when I haven't even tried air :p Also sorry for the delays, getting ready for work.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you SuperGojira2001 for the build. Do you know if the i5 would have problems if I have say maybe a few tabs open while playing a game? I often like to watch a stream as i play.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Not for now no, would be nice but I can be happy with one.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I have never used a ssd so it should be quite the experience :p Currently takes about 8 mins to boot this turd I'm on.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Still don't know how having a ssd and hdd works and how to choose what goes where but I can figure that out later :p

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube