add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
KinGSuzTaiN

37 months ago

For gaming/streaming/editing video and uploading. Want something future proof.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KinGSuzTaiN/saved/FC2999

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a different mobo, I don't see the point in buying a mobo that costs more than an i5

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Well first of all future proof is very difficult since nobody knows what will change and it depends mostly on the persons expectations ;)

For the build Switch the NEX psu for a evga 550 G2 or Corsair RM550x. Or if you plan for sli in the future the evga 750 G2 or Corsair RM750x(or i).

Rest looks ok to me.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Anyone else ?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

it is a good build and will last. Nothing is truly future proof though. The 960 evo is out in December for example, which is the Pcie version of the 950 evo. Z270 boards should be out soon, as desktop Kaby Lake cpu's are already out to OEM's and I think to consumers in January or shortly after. That will have thunderbolt and optane support. But if you wait for new things, you will be waiting forever as it constantly changes.

I would agree on the MB being pricey etc., and i'd do the pro gamer instead, but it's your rig and choice.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Any one else ? More opinions the better. I choose this motherboard because for my budget it's the best one I WAS TOLD by others. I'm starting to buy parts, I haven't bought the MOBO yet so I still have time

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, have you considered the ssd drive more? It is only ~$50 more to get the 500gb for 2x the space on the ssd. But that is still a SATA ssd drive. You could go to a nvme m.2 drive (which the motherboard has a slot for.) That will give you a PCie drive for faster speeds (on paper at least, boot times and general use will be about the same). But it's the next generation/platform that isn't too expensive.

There is nothing wrong with the motherboard. A lot just comes down to budget, and saving the money there many will put into faster GPU etc. since a cheaper MB will still be the same speed and you can save a hundred bucks there. But you already have a GTX 1080 in the build so that way of thinking may not be applicable here.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I wanted to do GTX 1080, so I wanted the best MOBO for what I do which is gaming streaming and editing. I've looked and researched for weeks and found that for my budget $250 and below that the ROG Maximus Hero Alpha would be the best choice. Now I'm second guessing and thinking about the z170 asus deluxe ($1 more) Or Sabertooth z170 mark 1 Or Original choice the Maximus hero alpha

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes I wanted to do GTX 1080, so I wanted the best MOBO for what I do which is gaming streaming and editing. I've looked and researched for weeks and found that for my budget $250 and below that the ROG Maximus Hero Alpha would be the best choice. Now I'm second guessing and thinking about the z170 asus deluxe ($1 more) Or Sabertooth z170 mark 1 Or Original choice the Maximus hero alpha

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

??

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

??

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube