add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just Curios On Opinions Enthusiast Gaming Build

Vrza

37 months ago

I'm building a new gaming PC after 3 years, and wanting to push it further this time. I will be using this for at least 6 hours per day, so I would like it to be very nice to use while doing so. I mainly play world of Warcraft, however, I do go into different games from time to time.

Here is the build. I'm going for a white/black theme, and if anyone has any recommendations please feel free to add them. I'm also think about making this my first water cooled build.

Origional Build || Edited Version

Also on a side note, would the MSI Dragon version of the 1080 be worth going for if I decide to go into complete water cooled custom loop?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Wrong link, the link should something like : http://pcpartpicker.com/list/XXXXXX

Also, if you want to custom watercool a founder's edition card would be the best bet, unless you find a specific waterblock for that card and it is easy to take off the custom heatspreader and fans.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

smooth. I'll fix that

Edit: The link should be fixed, and thanks for info I'll stick with the founders card then.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Your build looks good, some suggestions are if you plan on watercooling don't spend 114 dollars on a cpu cooler get the hyper 212, it will do just fine. Also, the kraken comes with pre-applied thermal paste. Also depending how much you care about looks, the motherboard below is completely white and the ram has white LEDs on them.

Type Item Price
Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $172.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $99.99 @ Amazon
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome thanks for the opinion. I don't really want to push too much white into it so I'll keep my white accented motherboard, however, that ram does seem to be a great addition. Thanks for the input!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube