add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this a good mini itx build

Creeperdude545

37 months ago

Just need an opinion, but if there is any complaints or something's wrong, please tell me.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/76x7Cy

(I don't care about the price)

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you really want that case for some reason, there are much easier ones to work with. Also, is there a particular reason for 3 240GB drivers?

This is what I'd suggest

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $328.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Corsair H80i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $94.99 @ B&H
Motherboard Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $158.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $84.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $183.99 @ B&H
Storage Crucial MX300 1.1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $247.40 @ B&H
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card $619.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Inwin 901 Mini ITX Tower Case $166.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RMx 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $99.99 @ B&H
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $85.70 @ My Choice Software
Monitor Asus MX27AQ 27.0" 60Hz Monitor $401.99 @ SuperBiiz
Monitor Asus MX27AQ 27.0" 60Hz Monitor $401.99 @ SuperBiiz
Keyboard Corsair STRAFE RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard $149.99 @ Corsair
Mouse Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse $58.79 @ Amazon
Headphones Audio-Technica M50x Headphones $161.00 @ Amazon
Speakers Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers $27.99 @ Best Buy
Other Silverstone dual monitor arm $219.00
Other VESA mount adapters $63.98
Other Desk $126.99
Other LEDS $34.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $3718.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-03 01:06 EDT-0400
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I really like the case, I'm willing to risk the price and the uneasy installation for the ascetics. And the reason I have 3 ssds is because I don't plan upgrading in the future to new ssds, and the ssds I chose are fast, cheap, and have a decent amount of storage. The m.2 drive is for the speed and reliability if you're asking for that too.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

But why 3? It will make file transfers annoying and increase risk of failure. I have used that case and, for me, the aesthetics are not worth the horrible design (too big, bad cable management, bad cooling, and several other things).

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That case is just painful and isn't worth it for the look IMO

And you are better off with a single larger drive as it is cheaper and will allow future upgrades more easily when you do decide that 1TB isn't enough really

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Bad case, cooler, and why 3 drives?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to go mini itx, you can do that. However, that is a decent build, but I'm not a fan of the motherboard.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you know how I can make it better

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure, do you mind if I answer you in 8 hours? I need to sleep

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm fine with that, go to sleep

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't go with the EVGA cards currently, as they have no VRM cooling, if you are willing to wait a month or so for new cards which do have the VRMs cooled, then go for that card, otherwise, look at the Zotac cards

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Why not a single larger SSD? as the 1TB version is about the same price as the 2 500GB ones

• 37 months ago
  • 0 points

It bothers me, I like things symmetrical

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

looks pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the case you chose, but its all down to preference. I'm assuming that you are using the SSD's in a raid array? if not just get a 1tb SSD for the same price. And i might go for a 750w power supply due to the 6700k and 1080. especially if you're overclocking either or both.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

That build even when overclocked to the max will not exceed 450W power draw and with 750W, you could run 3 way SLI (if there was ever support for that) overclocked

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

So should I keep the 650 watt supply l or not?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Go for a 550W EVGA G2 or Corsair RMx and that will be plenty

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube