add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which build is better

badgamersdie

37 months ago

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/user/badgamersdie/saved/gYgJxr or http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/user/badgamersdie/saved/TZNQ7P I am going for the 1060 6gb right now because 1. Better motherboard and 2. It's got 6gb instead of 3

This build will be used for gaming almost exclusively. Yes I know the cpu is pretty bad but will it slow down the gpu that much? I will do a future upgrade to an i5 6600k and 16gb of ram.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

B150 mobo has better spec than the h110

So I'd go with that build too.

CPU isn't really bad but if you can go straight for the 6500 that would prolly save you the upgrade later, especially as you can't overclock with b/h boards, the 6600k will still run fine in it but no oc, which is generally the point behind k suffix chips.

The majority of games don't need 16gig atm either.

You have a hdd to use? I :heart: ssds but 120gig isn't much space considering modern aaa game sizes now.

Looks very nice overall tho.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

If I get 6500 I will have to downgrade the gpu, I'm just going to use the sad for a few months while I get. A bit more money then I will buy a mass storage hdd, I will be putting only a few games on the ssd like csgo and overwatch.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube