add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Would really appreciate some feedback on this build first time sorry lol

mylez1104

37 months ago

Hey so im just gonna say it this is my first build, now i know to some of you this will be a no brainer but we all gotta start somewhere right. Ok so by now i know a good deal about what entails to building a gaming pc there are some small stuff im worried about like when i actually start building it anything i should look out for or tools i need but basically thats it and also wanted to know if the build i picked out was good enough to run games such as the following: Witcher 3, Skyrim Special editon ( or might just get regular skyrim with mods), Battlefield 1, and probably a couple of mmos and stuff thats really it i dont want to max out anything i just want it to be at a regular 60 frames per second and run at 1080p ok well heres the build thanks for taking the time to help id really appreciate it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qGfZcc

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I think you did really good overall but I would still make a few small changes :D

212 evo is kinda old now, cryorig m9i has the same performance but is a few bucks cheaper (and free ship from newegg) and is also easier to install, so they say, I put a m9a (amd variant) in my build a month or so back and it was pretty easy but that's the only time I've ever used a better [than stock] cooler so I've nothing to compare it to.

Asus z170 pro gaming is a step up over their 'a' board as per the old techreport build guide, and that's been updated to an Aurora model if you want some led bling

AMDs 480 is a viable option but I think nvidias 1060 has a slight edge in overall performance myself

Losing 2gig ram should make no difference at 1080p.

I would upgrade the upgrade on the psu, as per a post I saw here along time ago where the guy had claimed to crunch the numbers a gold rated psu saves you $7 per year per 100w load over a bronze unit using average usa pc on time & electricity prices, so the g series seasonic should pay for itself inside a year then it's all money in the bank :D

Review at jonnyguru, one of/the premier psu review site

You can get a slightly larger monitor for the same kinda price.

With your headphones a soundcard might be a good addition, as per techreport even a ~$35 pair of 'phones can reveal the difference between onboard sound and an add in card.

Can't find the link that explicitly states that but I think this video is worth a quick watch

Tho they do say towards the end that it might not be worth it if you only game.

The case comes with 2 fans but they're both outflow (1 at back, 1 at top) so that means you have negative pressure in the case which will suck dust in through all the little gaps and vents, I would move the top fan to the front and add another one so you have 2 in at front and one out at back, this gives the case positive pressure which helps keep the dust out.

Well I guess that turned out to be more than a few things :lol: but the price is basically the same (I didn't add the extra fan tho) :D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $236.98 @ NCIX US
CPU Cooler CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler $19.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $136.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card $234.98 @ Newegg
Case NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case $66.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.89 @ OutletPC
Sound Card Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card $43.99 @ Newegg
Monitor Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor $114.99 @ Newegg
Keyboard Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $29.94 @ Newegg
Headphones Logitech G430 7.1 Channel Headset $50.99 @ Best Buy
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1300.09
Mail-in rebates -$90.00
Total $1210.09
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-03 16:55 EDT-0400
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback dude im fine with the changes i want peoples opinions as much as possible but yeah i think i might stick with the 480 im not sure other than that your additions were great lol appreciate it dude!

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

this was actually very good thank you lol

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

NP man :D

Good luck with it.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

thats good to hear thank you for the feedback appreciate it man

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube