add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming, Streaming, Game Development, Photo Editing

c0venant

37 months ago

Hello everyone!

This is my first build, so I'm here to ask for your precious assistance and recommendations. I don't know if these are smart choices or even if I'll find any compatability issues.

The build so far: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/c0venant/saved/yBL23C

My goal with this topic is to drop the price (if possible) maintaining similar performance and aesthetics. The main concern and possible bottleneck is going to be streaming, because I intend to play the most demanding games at 1080p 60fps while streaming also at 1080p 60fps without fps drops.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

List you have looks good

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Your build is very good as it is. However there are some changes you could make to save some bucks.

If you want to save some money the I5-6600k will still do a very good job. You probably won't even need more.

You can get a cheaper Motherboard imo it's not worth the LED. I can recommend you the Asus Z170-A or the non LED version.

As for the SSD, the Samsung one is very good but if you're on a tight budget then I'd recommend you getting another brand. You can save some money like that. The difference is usually not very huge.

Another 50 pounds can be saved when going for a cheaper GPU. EVGA is a very respected brand and you barely hear anything bad about their GPUs. They have basically the same performance.

Lastly you could go for a 550 Watt PSU (The 650 one I've chosen was cheaper though). Which would come down to a totale save of 200 pounds and not a huge performance loss.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £210.00 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £99.95 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £135.48 @ YoYoTech
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory £89.99 @ Novatech
Storage Sandisk Ultra II 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £109.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £41.99 @ Novatech
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card £413.48 @ BT Shop
Case Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case £89.99 @ Novatech
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £76.99 @ Novatech
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1267.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-04 10:25 GMT+0000
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your reply, it seems like a good alternative.

Although I have a few concerns about downgrading to the i5. From what I've seen some people experience frame drops in a few games like Arma 3 when playing and streaming at the same time since those games are very CPU dependent. Also, I'm also planning on using emulators for playing PS2 and Wii games. Do you think the i5 would be enough though?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly I do think so. Arma 3 is a poorly optimised game, so that might be why.

But if you can afford the i7, then you might aswell go for that one.

Check this youtube video if you wanna know more about the differencies between the i5 and the i7 in terms of streaming, rendering etc.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube