add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

So as it turns out...

AuraNightheart
  • 41 months ago

My friend wants to build a server for rendering and essentially is going to be hosting 6 VM's on it that will all be used at the same time in some cases, each with a different graphics card. However, he didn't want to go too high end and still have some high CUDA counts so the GPU's are as follows: 2 1050 Ti's, 2 GTX 690's, and 2 780 Ti's. (None of the cards are in SLI).

Unfortunately, with the already estimated 592 watt draw...this leaves the server at 1842 TDP. Is there any way to combine PSU's, or do we have to go for the only option of the 2000W PSU?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

You can combine PSU, there is this little accessory out there that allows you to do so. And I don't think a 2000 will work unless you have a special outlet.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Nevermind, sorry! I was just asking on Tom's Hardware and I was informed that what my friend wants to do will not actually work hardware and software wise in the first place.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

What? Why even?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

because #xXxYOLOSWAG6969xXx. Do even read, bruh? Pfft 420B1aZ3Itttttt 69 scrub.

It hurt my head typing that lol

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube