add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
doornroosje

37 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3yZkwV

This will be the first time I build my own PC. I'm pretty tech savvy, although until recently knew very little about computers, or computer building. Before I start buying, I would just like somebody to look over my build to see if the system is balanced for it's pricepoint and what suggestions for replacement might be suitable.

I'm pretty sold on the video card(1060 6gb) and would like to build around that. I'm looking to keep the black/blue theme throughout the case if it's at all possible, and my absolute max budget is at around £800-900. Thank you very much for your help.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good. I would look into getting aftermarket cooling some time in the future, not for performance, but the stock one is noisy.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your response, I will probably look into that after seeing what the stock one is like.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree! my stock fan made a high pitch whiny sound. Changed to a hyper 212x now its perfect

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! Any other suggestions or do you think this'll work?

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your elaborate response!

I couldn't find a dual pack of the blue RAM, which I kinda liked for aesthetic purposes., so ended up with separate entries. You do make a good point for price here. I should probably consider if the blue colour of the memory is really worth that much to me. What is the difference between the RAM sticks quality wise? (I might consider going with 8gb first and perhaps upgrading to 16gb later on regardless of what I pick)

Thank you for the suggestion on the SSD. My first SSD. Looking forward to coming into the 21st century!

The GTX 1060 model you swapped, you mention the one you changed it to is a dual fan model, what does this mean in terms of performance, quality, temperatures, etc?

The PSU you picked is slightly more expensive. Is the model I picked inadequate for the build? Could you explain how yours is better to justify its price?

Thank you very much!

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube