add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Possible X99 mATX Rig - "Lil' Blue Killah'" & Theme/Parts Comparison

islandg@m3r

37 months ago

Hey everyone, decided not to bother with Kabylake, its just not looking too good as far as performance gains over my 4770k and as I mentioned in my previous posts and/or build lists, is that I am "Sick & tired of all these darn quad cores I want more cores damn it!!!"

Moving on to the point of this post, forgive my rant, but I am 90% leaning towards X99 Broadwell-E now so I'm most likely going to go with an i7 6850K that will last years to come, and the themes I am thinking about is either "Black & White" or the "Blue & Black" theme. This is one of the ones that I will be linking below, which is an mATX build. Please think about both of my themes and the parts, compare them and let me know which one you all prefer so you can help me decide. =) Enjoy!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/m9BQRG (Blue/Black)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tvhs8K (Black/White)

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

What is this for? if its gaming its really isn't going to be much of a upgrade over your current CPU.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming, streaming, benchmarking etc

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Even with multi-tasking taken into account, a 6700K is the maximum unless you, say, edit videos or the like. Even then, you won't see many more frames than an i5 6600k.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I am well aware of that. Funny you mentioned edit videos and such because thats another thing that I will start doing more sooner than later, but I really don't want to upgrade from a quad core to another quad core just because its clocked higher I rather upgrade to something thats more than 4 and that will keep me for good amount of years since intel has been slacking with there "tick tock" babystep improvements.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube