add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Envionic

37 months ago

So this Christmas I am going to be putting together my own Computer for a range of things, however mainly gaming. My budget is £1050 at a stretch. I will go through my choices with you and hopefully I can get some feedback. (before I start) This build is designed for 1080p 60Hz Gaming at ultra settings on new games that run dx12 and some older games like Overwatch.

Case: For my case I have chosen the NZXT S340 as a suitable mid tower. I like the design and the cooling system already installed.

Power Supply: I chose the 520W Seasonic M12II Fully Modular power supply as it is cheap and affordable, it comes with a 80 Plus Bronze certification which is standard. The fully modular is also a big plus since I am new to Computer Building and it would really help me with cable management.

CPU: I chose the 6600k, which; to my understanding, is the standard for high end gaming. My plan is overclock a decent amount, e.g 4.2 Ghz. (If this is too high for the 212 Evo please tell me.)

Memory-Ram: I chose the 16 GB (2 x 8) vengeance LPX black since it is an affordable 2133 MHz kit and comes with dual channel. It is also DDR4 and compatible with the motherboard.

Motherboard: I chose the Z170A Tomahawk which is crossfire compatible incase I want to upgrade in the future, comes with 4 Ram slots and looks awesome.

GPU: Now to the expensive thing, I chose the RX 480 MSI GAMING X 8gb since it is £40 cheaper than the GTX 1060 and performs better in the new games that I am getting, e.g battlefield 1, Total War: Warhammer. I am usually a big Nvidia fan however I feel like the RX 480 8gb is priced much better than the GTX 1060 since it is slightly worse in dx11.

CPU Cooler: I chose the 212 Evo since it is cheap and does the job, I don't want a full overclock since I will mainly be gaming and the extra fps doesn't really affect anything. Pretty standard basically.

Storage: I chose the standard Seagate 7200 RPM 1TB Hard drive, since I don't need a fancy SSD and all I need is a decent amount of storage for games etc.

That is it, I am also getting windows 10, and if someone knows of any decent Mechanical Keyboards please tell me. Thanks!

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The arctic i32 outperforms the evo and is also quieter for about the same price.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/search/?cc=uk&q=arctic+i32

That seasonic cost 76 bucks but the EVGA G2 which is better only 79 bucks so I would get the egva.

In that price range I would get a better case like the 400C.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £210.00 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler ARCTIC Freezer i32 CO CPU Cooler £30.99 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £108.51 @ Amazon UK
Memory Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £67.99 @ Novatech
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £41.99 @ Novatech
Video Card MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB GAMING X Video Card £265.45 @ CCL Computers
Case Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case £89.99 @ Novatech
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £79.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £894.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 16:41 GMT+0000
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It does look a lot better. Do you think I should swap the 6600k and the cooler for a 240gb SSD? Also I forgot to mention but I will be upgrading to another rx 480 in the future ( 1 or 2 years).

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

This is what I would do.. First get a 650 watts psu if planning on adding a second RX 480

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1

Second I would go with the SSD and get the HDD later (maybe a month or two?).. This way you can install the OS on the SSD and just add the HDD for data later on. This way you dont have to be moving os.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/rrvZxr/crucial-mx300-275gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct275mx300ssd1

I would definitely stay with the 6600k which will last you longer. It will also improve performance when overclocked with 2 RX480.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll just pass on the ssd and get the rest. Thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube