add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3 monitors for home office: best budget GPU vs integrated graphics?

floppymacbarkface

37 months ago

Looking for a home office build for 3 monitors. Might do some light gaming. Was interested in keeping it cheap though. Does it matter if each of the three monitors is on a different output? I see lots of motherboards with 1 HDMI, 1 display port, and 1 DVI. This would work fine? Or should I find a GPU that has 3 of the same outputs? If I can use integrated graphics through a compatible motherboard I think I'd go with that to save $....

thx

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

How the 3 monitors are set up doesn't matter, I currently have 3 monitors, one using hdmi, another using dvi-d, and another using display port. As long as the monitors are on the right setting you'll be fine. The only benefits to having all 3 being the same is if you wanted to use "expanded surround" gaming like using all 3 monitors for one game (this requires display port). But, for what you're wanting, You'll get away with using 3 different inputs.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube