add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help please need Opinions

Jay.Wolf

37 months ago

This is my first time building a computer and could use some help. How do I even know this can fit in my tower, I m trying to go with a black/white look. Are there items that are just as good but cost less. I want to be able to play intensive games, edit videos and multi task with different programs on multi screens. I really want a computer that could play cartoons on one screen for daughter and allow my son to play games (like Division) at the same time on a different screen. I also wanted to cap at $1500 but went over.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/73xrm8

Is there a way to hook up three monitors? I have two VGA monitors and a TV with HDMI.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

The PCPP filter helps a lot finding the right parts. If you are unsure about case fittings, you can always go to the manufactures website and check the Tech-Specs.

BTW: you chose one of the biggest cases there is...

I'll do some tweaks to get you better perfomance for your money

EDIT: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $329.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $114.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $112.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $83.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $123.09 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $73.80 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card $419.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Case $74.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $75.98 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer $22.89 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $84.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1564.58
Mail-in rebates -$60.00
Total $1504.58
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-06 01:41 EST-0500

Either you get better monitors, or you get "DP to VGA" adapters. If you stay with your old monitiors a GTX 1060 might be sufficent for playing on one screen and streaming VLC on 2 other screens.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow thank you for your reply. Your build looks awesome thank you. I chose the bigger case because I thought later instead of buying another computer, I could just upgrade this one. My problem was do not know how big I would need it later. Also later when I save up more money what would be the next thing to improve for this machine or would I just buy additional SSD or Ram. Thank you once more, I will be ordering the parts Monday :)

BTW...... Will I need to purchase any addition items like fans or cooling items for this or will this be sufficient

About the monitors, can I just get three different TV/monitors all with HDMI cable and buy another video card that has three HDMI ports and plug them all in. Its real important to me to be able to have a movie playing on the large TV for the family and be able to run either a game or an Adobe product like Dreamweaver or Photoshop on the other two monitors

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point
  • The case I chose comes with all needed fans. The water cooler comes also with everything needed.
  • This machine won't need an upgrade anytime soon.
  • Even if you want to add other PCI cards or more SSDs / HDDs you will have enough space.
  • If you think about doing Virtual Reality stuff you just buy the same GTX 1070 somewhere in the future. The MOBO can do SLI
  • I can't think of any video card that has 3xHDMI right now. But you can just get cables that have DisplayPort on the PC side and HMDI on the monitor side. Or you buy DP to HDMI adapters and use HMDI cables. Ehenever your monitor has a DisplayPort, use it primarily to the HMDI. The GTX 1070 has 1xDVI-D Dual-Link ; 3xDisplayPort 1xHDMI
  • The way you want to set up TV and monitors shouldn't be a problem. Playing videos is by far not as demanding as video games. YOu can also consider running 2 screens via the MOBO with the integrated INTEL graphics. And only run the gaming monitor via the GTX 1070.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube